Here is just a small selection of great local pubs and restaurants...
- The Black Horse, Nassington - fantastic home cooked traditional pub food, great quality and great prices
- The Queens Head, Nassington - restaurant quality food in a lovely setting
- The Papermills, Wansford - great pub with bistro style menu. Fabulous deep filled sandwiches and chips for lunch!
- The Haycock Hotel, Wansford - Fine dining in an award winning & renowned hotel, contemporary yet classic menu
- The White Swan, Woodnewton - always good quality and a cosy pub with a relaxing atmosphere
- The Falcon, Fotheringhay - near the beautiful church and River Nene. Another award winning pub
- The Kings Head, Apethorpe - traditional village pub with home cooked food and log fires
- Loch Fyne, Elton - fresh seafood supplied every other day form the Loch itself, stunning food!
- Talbot Hotel, Oundle - many other eateries in Oundle too!
- The Exeter Arms, Easton on the Hill - great food and really great Sunday lunches!
- The Jackson Stops, Streatham - worth the drive
- Award winning, The Olive Branch, Clipsham - Fine food and wine, local ales, all served by knowledgeable staff in a great setting.
There are a multitude of eating places in Stamford including the famous George Hotel. Also, The William Cecil, The Mad Turk offers fine Turkish cuisine, No 3, The Yard, just off Ironmonger Street and pubs such as the Cozy Club offering amazing tapas and more, the Toby Norris serving real ales and gastro pub food and try the Kings Head, tucked away on Maiden Lane by the church in the centre of Stamford - a very small pub with a lovely courtyard garden, great home cooked food and real local ales. Get there early for lunch before it fills up!
Its impossible to mention them all but we are happy to recommend many more local eateries and can book a table or taxi on request.
And if you don't fancy going out on a Saturday evening, we even have an arrangement with "Fishy Business", a mobile fish and chip van who stops at the gate and your order is fried on the spot - you can't get fresher than that! Just put the traffic cone out on the driveway before they arrive at 6.45 pm to signal that you want them to stop.